QA Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and extension of our automation framework, ensuring the reliability and accuracy of Amicus.io’s product portfolio. Reviews product features, creates test plans and develops test automation scripts across all stages of product development.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Analyze user stories and manual tests to create automated software tests. Manually test as needed while looking for ways to automate test scenarios whenever possible.
- Create automated software test suites for sprint-based releases on multiple and simultaneous projects.
- Analyze, interpret and summarize test results and metrics and communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with Product and Development teams to ensure processes are integrated to support expected quality.
- Develop test suite and infrastructure, manual and automation, to measure code quality and coverage.
- Provide hands-on testing, design, and maintenance of automation test suites.
- Analyze and drive improvements in software reliability, performance and scalability through automated testing through reviewing common failure and regression points.
- Work closely with our Product team to automate high cost test plans and allow them to focus on more cost-effective testing efforts.
- Develop a long-term roadmap geared toward providing a robust set of “out of the box” automation services that can be utilized across multiple client implementations.
- 3+ years as a QA Automation Engineer implementing full functional testing automation for a variety of applications, services, APIs, UIs and sites.
- 2+ years of experience using Testim.io or such tools for test automation.
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile development environment enabling CI/CD with QA automation.
- Experience with responsive web app, mobile app, performance and load testing.
- Experience with Python, Linux and Shell scripting.
- Experience with testing APIs using Postman, Swagger or other tools.
- Prior Experience as a software developer (Python, React etc.).
- Experience with SQL queries, and measuring data quality.
- Experience with payments, financial services industry and/or accounting and ERP systems a plus.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Works in an office environment involving sitting most of the time at a desk in front of a computer. The worker is subject to close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and viewing a computer screen to read and enter
- Travel Requirements – Less than 10% travel is required to perform the essential requirements for this role.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.