The DevOps Engineer is an emerging leader with previous experience in a senior DevOps role. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Analyze requirements presented by Product Owner and design sustainable solutions to advance deployment of platform functionality.
- Manage cloud infrastructure as code.
- Develop software to facilitate Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Drive efficiencies and reduce cycle time through automation and continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues in products and infrastructure. Apply your problem-solving skills to peel away the layers to understand the core issue and address it with elegant solutions.
- Keep current with key industry trends and developments that can be applied to Company’s needs.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, React, Ruby, Go or Java.
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, ElastiSearch, and Kibana.
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts or DevSecOps.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated industries.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Works in an office environment involving sitting most of the time at a desk in front of a computer. The worker is subject to close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and viewing a computer screen to read and enter data.
- Travel Requirements – Less than 10% travel is required to perform the essential requirements for this role.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.