A hands-on leader who uses a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques to help the team keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the product vision. They will be responsible for agile program management across multiple cross-functional pods and ownership of quality control of the products and overall delivery excellence. Establishes learning and delivery goals to drive continuous improvement and implements KPIs to track progress. They will lead, influence, and motivate colleagues without formal authority to innovate on behalf of the Customers.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Partner closely with the Product and Design teams to map business priorities to sprint and release plans. Participate in quarterly business planning, monthly product roadmap reviews and regular backlog prioritization to ensure alignment across all pods.
- Work with Product Owners to translate business themes and product roadmaps into initiatives, sub-initiatives, epics, and user stories which are well-understood and can be managed by multiple agile pods.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Define, refine, and communicate the value of the initiative to pod members and other stakeholders to motivate and rally support and enable delivery of the pods’ commitments through well-executed sprints.
- Lead and coordinate logistics for various agile ceremonies (e.g., sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives).
- Accelerate overall pod performance, efficiency and value delivered by engaging within and across pods to find opportunities to improve agile maturity and metrics, and provide coaching, training, and resources.
- Champion the QA process, build and mentor the QA team, and establish QA roadmap, product quality metrics and best practices for the entire team.
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
- Support the Product Owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Actively participate in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices.
- 5+ years of program management experience in software development with at least 3 years in an agile environment.
- Prior experience leading multiple cross-functional teams in parallel.
- Expert project management skills with the ability to deliver complex initiatives.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Prior experience leading agile teams as a Scrum Master.
- Certifications such as Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager.
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated industries.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Works in an office environment involving sitting most of the time at a desk in front of a computer. The worker is subject to close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and viewing a computer screen to read and enter
- Travel Requirements – Less than 10% travel is required to perform the essential requirements for this role.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.