Amicus.io is looking for an experienced cloud infrastructure engineer who is passionate about security, performance and reliability of applications hosted in AWS Cloud. Responsible for all aspects of builds and AWS deployment environments including provisioning, monitoring, scaling and automation. Work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to design the best possible solution to meet application and services SLAs. Drive continuous improvement to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale for applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Lead incident retrospectives, reliability assessments and disaster recovery testing.
- Supports automated and continuous production application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Builds, automates and manages development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using appropriate tools.
- Has an “Automate Everything” mindset to support scalable growth and promotes the use of scripting and frameworks to build required automation and tools. Drastically reduce cycle times and perform client upgrades without any downtime.
- Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues in products and infrastructure. Apply your problem-solving skills to peel away the layers to understand the core issue and address it with elegant solutions.
- Continually seek ways to improve support for the engineering team by regularly interfacing with Engineering and Product leadership.
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practice and familiar with IaC tools such as Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of best practices for software development and deployment architecture.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Effortless fluency in one or more programming languages (most of existing deployment code base is in Python and React).
- Extensive, in-the-trenches experience maintaining live production systems.
- Experience working with data security standards, vulnerability scanning, identity management, and other security best practices.
- Experience with documentation and process surrounding third party security reviews, and audit process and requirements for SOC 2 / ISO 27001 and similar data protection certifications.
- Certifications such as CISM, CISSP, Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin.
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated industries.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, ElasticSearch, and Kibana.
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts or DevSecOps.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Works in an office environment involving sitting most of the time at a desk in front of a computer. The worker is subject to close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and viewing a computer screen to read and enter data.
- Travel Requirements – Less than 10% travel is required to perform the essential requirements for this role.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.